Route/Last location

Friday, January 2, 2009

The begining

Traveling has long been one of the things in life that pleases me the most. My oldest memory of a trip was a summer vacation to the Algarve. This was back in the days when there were hardly any highways in the country, the cars were slow and the whole family was packed in the same vehicle. A journey that took me 4.30 hours just a few days ago, took at least 10h back then.

After that I was lucky to having the chance to travel all over Europe. Two interrails, road trips, visits to friends living in different parts of Europe and living in The Netherlands and in Sweden allowed me not only to know places but to interact with different people and cultures, which is one of the things that pleases me the most when I'm traveling.

But in the last years work didn't allow many adventures. Instead, a plan for a long trip around the world began to take shape. The first time I met someone who had done a round the world trip was in The Netherlands. I became friends with a guy from work who had traveled for a year around the world. After that I've met many people who had done long and "crazy" trips, and so I began to plan my own trip.

And now that the PhD is over, it's the right time to take some time off. And this will be the place where I'll leave some of my experiences for those who are curious about it. I hope this blog will inspire others to travel. Enjoy and come on traveling with me ;)
RC

No comments: