Route/Last location

Thursday, April 23, 2009

Final notes about Australia

Australia, the island - continent! There was not enough time to see it and have a real feeling of the australian lifestyle.

We were treated as kings in Sydney. We were really spoiled by Manuel and Manuela. I just hope we didn't give too much work. I loved Sydney. It's beautiful, it has plenty of life and a great atmosphere. It is also a huge melting pot with people from different parts of the world living and working there.

The road trip was nice. We saw a lot of the natural wonders of eastern Australia. We saw most of what we wanted. I had thought about taking a few more surf lessons, but in the end I didn't have the surfing spirit. But the class I took was good and well worth the money. It also missed some night life in our trip, but when you're sleeping in camping sites it is hard to go anywhere. Besides, being on the road is exhausting, so there was not much energy left at the end of the day...

The great barrier reef was the top of the trip and I can definitely consider returning there for diving in the future.

In Australia I was once again bellow my budget. I had planned on spending 50 euros/day and ended up spending around 45 euros/day.

Australia is a bit too far and too big for a normal vacation. I would consider living there for a while. Vacation, only if it's long.

No comments: